"Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are." -Kurt Cobain

Followers

Monday, March 21, 2016

Vegetarian French Onion Soup!

Hi guys! Long time, no blog! Oh my Bob, I have been so sick. So sick! I had a viral infection, bronchitis, and pink eye in not one eye but two! Luck was on my side...bad luck that is.So for about two weeks I didn't do much of anything. I kept thinking about how my blog and Youtube channels were neglected. There was no way I could do Youtube videos with pink eye. I wasn't cooking much or doing much of anything, so my blog was also neglected also. I feel like this post will make up for it though.
Vegetarian French Onion Soup. A moment of silence please!
Okay, we're done with that.
French Onion Soup is amazing, but vegetable stock just doesn't cut it with this recipe. It just needs more, and I've come up with a way to give it that little something extra without using beef broth.
Ingredients:
2 Cans of vegetable broth
1 Container of fresh mushrooms
1/2 Teaspoon of salt
1/2 Teaspoon of pepper
6 Springs of fresh thyme
6 Springs of fresh parsley
1 Bay leaf
3 Tablespoons of unsalted butter
2 Large yellow onions
1 Teaspoon of sugar
1 Small baguette cut into small slices
Swiss cheese and smoked Gouda

Directions:
Over medium heat, add vegetable broth. salt and pepper, thyme. parsley, and bay leaf. Add a can of water. Wash mushrooms and stir into broth. Leave simmer for about an hour, stirring occasionally. After 30 minutes, in a separate and oven safe pot, start to glaze the onions. Melt butter and slice the onions. Add the onions to the pot, stirring in the sugar. The sugar will help the onions to glaze. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Continue glazing for 30 minutes, stirring every few minutes. It's a process, but it's worth it! Remove the parsley, bay leaf, and thyme from the broth. You can keep the mushrooms in if you like, but I removed them as well. I wanted it to be strictly French Onion Soup. Add the broth to the onions. Slice a couple of pieces of baguette and toast them in the oven. Add it on top. Add the cheese on top of that and put the oven safe pot in the oven until the cheese has started to turn a nice golden color and is completely melted.
Serve and enjoy!
Serves about 5.

                                                                       xoxo,
                                                                    Christine
P.S. Keep in touch:
The Film Club
Christine's World
Twitter
ChristineandTashaTV





1 comment:

  1. Would love to try it someday. If you ever do a low sodium bean dip, please let me know!

    ReplyDelete