"Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are." -Kurt Cobain

Followers

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Overnight French Toast Recipe!

Hello my lovely readers! My first blog of the New Year, and it's a good one too. But before we venture on and learn how to make quite possibly the best French Toast ever, let's discuss my Template. It's temporary. I'm not loving it. It's not so unique, but I was at a lost on what I liked. I couldn't figure it out. This template is okay, but I'm just not in love. Now, here's how to make this heavenly French Toast!
I made this on Christmas Eve night and popped it in the oven on Christmas morning while we were opening presents. It was so good, everyone still is talking about it. I'll have to make it again soon! These are pretty popular right now, and now I know why! I've seen people make this with regular sandwich bread, and I think that would make it soggy, plus, French Toast is better with crusty bread.

What You Need:
1 Loaf of crusty French bread.
2 Cups of milk.
6 Eggs.
1 Cup of white sugar.
1/2 Cup of butter.
2 Teaspoons of vanilla extract,
1 Teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
1 Tablespoon of brown sugar.

Directions:
Grease baking dish. Slice bread a couple inches thick and place in baking dish. In medium saucepan over medium heat, stir in butter and white sugar until melted. Pour over bread. In a bowl, beat milk, eggs, and vanilla extract together. Pour over the bread and sprinkle cinnamon on top. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Preheat oven to 450. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of brown sugar over top. Bake for about 30-35 minutes. Enjoy! 
If you try this, let me know how you liked it. I personally LOVE it.


xoxo,
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment