"Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are." -Kurt Cobain

Followers

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

My Favorite Childhood Shows!

Everyone feels a bit nostalgic, but I feel like 90s kids are the most nostalgic of them all. Today, my little brother and I watched Sabrina the Teenage Witch the movie. Now I am feeling super nostalgic and missing all the great shows I use to watch as a kid. My little brother likes the Disney channel and Nickelodeon, but the shows can be...well...awful! Yes, some of the shows I watched probably weren't the best. However, there are a few shows he likes where the acting is quite atrocious and the clothes they put on these kids...
Anyway, here are my top ten 90s shows.
10. All That - When I was little, my grandparents took us camping every summer all summer long. We had both a trailer and a tent. So, it wasn't traditional camping which I prefer, but at this campground, you had the option of cable. My grandfather needed cable. How else was he going to yell at CNN every night? At night, or on rainy days, we would watch Nickelodeon and the Disney channel. Most people didn't have cable back then, so it was such a treat. All That was one of me and my sister's favorite shows. I liked Lori Beth and Kenan.
9. Hey Arnold - Hey Arnold was one of the few cartoons I really liked. My favorite episodes were the Stoop Kid one (Stoop Kid's stoop looked awesome! I wouldn't leave it very often either.) and the headless horseman one. I loved that one so much!
8. The Jersey - When I was little, I would visit my grandparents often. One day they picked me and my sister up from school. They told us they had a surprise for us at the house. They brought us in the kitchen and my grandfather turned on the tv. Nickelodeon was on. We were so excited! Cable still wasn't a very big thing. That night we watched Nickelodeon while we ate dinner. The Disney channel you had to pay extra for, but it was included in the package when we went camping. I cherished the moments when I was able to watch my second favorite Disney channel show, The Jersey. I read the other day Michael Galeota passed away. R.I.P! He was only 31.
7.  Clarissa Explains It All - When I think of the 90s, I think of Melissa Joan Hart! I still love her. I get so excited to watch anything with Melissa in it. She was one of, maybe even my favorite celebrity as a kid.
6. So Weird - I always found the paranormal interesting, even when I was a kid. This was my favorite Disney channel show ever. I feel like Disney would never bring a show like this back, and they really should. It was great!
5. Kenan and Kel - One word...Kel! I loved Kel! He was so funny, and always made me laugh.
4. Are You Afraid of the Dark - Is it any surprise that this was my favorite Nickelodeon show? No, probably not. There was always at least one episode of AYAOTD that made you feel like you may just poop your pants, but it was so addicting. I also loved the movies! I wish you could find them somewhere,
3. Home Improvement - They don't make family comedies like this anymore! I love Tim Allen. He was hilarious! I miss this show.
2. Sabrina the Teenage Witch - After number 7, I'm sure you all saw this one coming. I loved the movie and the show so much! I think the first season was the best, but that's probably because Jenny was my favorite of Sabrina's friends. I was pretty disappointed when she didn't return. My favorite episode was when Jenny traveled to the other relm.
1. Boy Meets World - Boy Meets World may just be my favorite show of all time. I saw every episode multiple times. It was funny, serious, relatable, had meaning, and FEENY FFFFEENNNYYY! FEENY! Eric and Mr. Feeny are reason enough to love Boy Meets World.

Honorable Mentions - Not a kid's show, but I loved Beyond Belief so so much! I still watch it on Youtube once and a while. If you like the paranormal, check this show out! You won't regret it. The Famous Jett Jackson, The Secret World of Alex Mack, Figure It Out, and Hey Arnold!
What were your favorite shows when you were young?

                                                                            xoxo,
                                                                             Christine
P.S. Keep in touch:
Youtube Channel
Twitter
ChristineandTashaTV

No comments:

Post a Comment