"Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are." -Kurt Cobain

Followers

Monday, November 9, 2015

Apple and Raisin Bread Pudding

I know my goal was to blog everyday in November, but I had my father's funeral on Saturday. Today's post is the recipe for the bread pudding I made last Thanksgiving. It was a HUGE hit. I may make it again this year, but I'm not sure yet. I was thinking maybe a chocolate and caramel mousse this year. I'm still deciding. Last year everyone loved this so much and it was the first dessert to be dug into and the first to be finished. Here's how you make it:

Ingredients:
4 cups of soft cubed bread.
1/4 cup of raisins.
2 cups of peeled and sliced apples.
1 cup of brown sugar.
1 3/4 cups of milk.
1/4 cup of margarine.
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
2 eggs, beaten.


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease 9x13 in pan.
Peel and slice apples. Break bread into cubes.
In a large bowl, combine bread, raisins, and apples.
In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine brown sugar, milk, and margarine. Stir until margarine is melted and pour over bread, raisins, and apples.
In a small bowl, whisk together cinnamon, vanilla extract, and eggs.
Pour the bread mixture into the greased pan, and pour the egg mixture over the bread.
Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the apples are tender and the center is set.


xoxo,
Christine

P.S. Keep in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment