"Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are." -Kurt Cobain

Followers

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Spinach Pasta with Tomatoes



This pasta is very easy to make and is something my whole family can agree on, even the kids! Well...not my nephew. He use to like this, but now he's on this "I don't eat healthy food" kick.
God bless my sister! It's quite annoying.


Ingredients:
1 Box of pasta.
Olive oil
2 Cloves of garlic.
1 Bag of frozen spinach.
1 Tomato
Salt and pepper
Parmesan cheese

Honestly, I eyeball 90% of the things I make. This dish is no different, however, this is one of those dishes that you can do just that with.
Thaw a bag of frozen spinach.
Boil 1 box of pasta. I use Penne.
While that is boiling, heat a small saucepan. Coat the pan with olive oil.
Add the what shall now be once frozen spinach. I have tried this recipe with frozen, fresh, and can spinach. The texture and taste of the frozen spinach just always seems to work best with this dish.
Stir and let sit on low heat. The goal is to warm the spinach.
Now you want to chop the garlic. I like to chop mine as small as I can.
Personally, I love garlic, but not everyone wants to bite into a chunk of garlic.
I then add it to the saucepan with the spinach and some salt and a dash of pepper.
Stir and let sit. Chop one tomato and sit to the side for later.
Once the pasta is tender, drain.
The spinach should now be nice and warm also.
To make sure everything is mixed well, I add a layer of pasta and then a layer of the spinach and garlic, tomato, and then sprinkle some Parmesan cheese. I continue this method until I'm out of ingredients.
Add a little more Olive Oil...about 3 tablespoons I'd say. Stir in some salt to taste and sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese on top, and you're done!
Hope you enjoy!

                                                          xoxo,
                                                            Christine

P.S Keep in touch!
Youtube Channel
Made and Inspired
Twitter
ChristineandTashaTV

2 comments: