"Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are." -Kurt Cobain

Followers

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Homemade Apple Crisp/Crumble Recipe

My first Fall post! Yayyy!!! Is anyone else as excited as I am for Fall?
I figured this was a great way to start off the Fall blog posts. Apples are in season and I don't know about you guys, but I am most definitely going apple picking. FYI, there will probably be a lot of apple posts this year. haha
This recipe is super simple and everyone likes apples right?
This will be great for the Holidays, a great way to use up extra apples, and a fun treat to make with the kids.
Before we get started, I didn't peel my apples out of laziness, but feel free to. I actuallt probably would have preferred to. I just hate peeling!

Ingredients:
Apples (I used McIntosh)
White Sugar
Flour
Cinnamon
Water
Quick Cooking Oats
Brown Sugar
Baking Powder
Baking Soda
Melted Butter

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Core, peel (if you want), and slice about 7 cups of apples. I sliced mine about 1 inch thick. 
Place the sliced apples in a pan. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of white sugar, 1 tablespoon of flour, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon (You can add more if you really like cinnamon. I think I added a teaspoon and a half.), and then pour in 1/3 cup of water.
In a bowl, add 1/2 cup of oats, 1/3 cup of flour, 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder and baking soda, and 1/3 cup cup of melted butter to bind. Carefully mix together. I started off with a spoon, so that the butter wouldn't burn my hand. Then I used my hands once the butter absorbed a bit. Using your hands is the fun way!
Crumble over the apples and cook for 45 minutes.

I hope you enjoy this classic recipe. I may make this during Thanksgiving. It's between this and the bread pudding I made last year, which was a big hit. Or maybe both!

                                                                   xoxo,
                                                                    Christine
P.S. Keep in touch!
Youtube Channel
Twitter
Made and Inspired FB
ChristineandNatashaTV

No comments:

Post a Comment