"Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are." -Kurt Cobain

Followers

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Camping at Hickory Run State Park!

Hey guys! This is going to be another blog filled with pictures! I went camping at Hickory Run State Park, which is located in White Haven, Pa.
The park kind of combines modern camping with old school camping. There are cottages, deluxe cottages, and tents. Some campsites come with running water and flush able toilets, while others do not.
We got a deluxe cottage, but had no running water or flush able toilets. We wanted a regular cottage,(one with less beds, no stove, microwave, or refrigerator) but they were booked. We didn't use the stove or microwave. We cooked over the fire and our portable grill. We did use the refrigerator so we didn't need to constantly buy ice.
Here's a video if you want to check out the cottage and more:
Camping at Hickory Run State Park

There were a lot of trails to visit. Here are some pics from the trails/on the way to them.


 I love this picture!

 This one is one of my favorites!
 How scary does this trail sound?!










Deer Trail:
I feel like I got the best pictures from Deer Trail. The funny thing is, we saw no deer on deer trail, yet they came to our campsite! Four of them!


 I love this picture so much! I feel like it looks like a fairy tale land!

 I just love the way deer trail looks so much!
 Another favorite!

 I love this one so much as well!
 Look at how the sun is peeking threw the trees. So beautiful!
 I love the color the sun and trees gave off here! Another favorite!



My absolute favorite picture! The trees and the sun are just gorgeous.








Hawk Falls:
Hawk Falls was really nice, however there were a lot of tourists there. I normally don't mind tourist at all, but one particular group was really rude! I stood aside for about 15 minutes waiting for them to stop taking pictures. They were mostly taking selfies, which is incredibly annoying! How many pictures of yourself in the same spot do you need?
When they were done, I walked on the bridge next to a lady who was just looking at the creek. I stood next to her to take a picture. She got mad, sighed loudly, and then stomped away. Really though? I just waited 15 minutes for you to stop taking selfies. I take one and your mad? #BYEFELICIA
Other than that one group, it was nice.


I always loved pictures of creeks!

This is the picture I took when the lady got mad. haha
I wasn't even able to get a proper one because her whole family was still coveting the bridge.


I really like this one.






I have no idea who the people kissing are. haha















Boulder Field:
Boulder Field is really cool! It's so large, goes on forever! The ice age stopped just a mile north of here.













Sand Spring Beach:
The lake was pretty nice. It's not super deep, but deep enough to go dunk under and swim around!




Random Pictures:
The white tailed deer that visited us!



They were so close to our campsite. They were about 5 feet away!




View from the cabin. We were at the fire pit when the deer came. They were maybe 5 feet from there!














Did you know my favorite scent is a camp fire?!
If you're planning a camping trip, be sure to check out my last blog post on what to cook while camping!
What to cook While Camping!

                                                xoxo,
                                                  Christine
Youtube Channel
Twitter
Made and Inspired FB
ChristineandTashaTV

No comments:

Post a Comment