"Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are." -Kurt Cobain

Followers

Friday, August 5, 2011

Top 15 Girly Movies

What girl doesn't love a good chick flick every now and then? I must admit, most of my favorite movies are not chick flicks, but I love a good girly movie. Here are my top 15:

15.  Angus, Thongs, and Perfect Snogging
This was just such a cute film. 
14. 27 Dresses
These love stories always end the same, but the 'always a bridesmaid never a bride' theme gave it a great twist. 
13. The Sisterhood of The Traveling Pants 2
A great follow-up to the first one. I love the way they all come together just when it seems like they can't.
12. The Wishing Well
I'm not sure how popular this movie is, but I thought it was just so cute! It's a hallmark movie. They have such cute movies. Their Christmas movies are also really good :)
11.  A Walk To Remember
Very sweet, and somewhat sad. I say somewhat, because with Jamie just being in his life, Landon turned into a better person.
10.The Devil Wears Prada
I loved the enhancement on the shallowness of the fashion industry. The Devil Wears Prada took it to the extreme, but in a fabulous way!
9. The Notebook
I know people are going to think I am crazy for putting this as number nine, but my brother wore this movie out for me. If not for him, it would be higher. P.S. My brother, who was about 24 at the time, cried during this and A Walk To Remember :D
8. Ramona and Beezus
I adore this film. It is perhaps, the cutest film I have watched. I took my little cousin to see this, and we both loved it. It's a great movie to watch with your little sis!
7. The Sisterhood of The Traveling Pants 1
The first films is always the best!
6. Mean Girls
Getting so close to the end makes it difficult to chose. I still love this movie, but seeing it as much as I did, I can't put it as high as I would a year or two ago. 
5. Monte Carlo
I also saw this with my little cousin. I love both Selena Gomez and Leighton Meester. It was a great film. I was surprised. I thought this often-told story would be a little repetitive. The movie proved me wrong. 
4. Tuck Ever Lasting
This is an AMAZING movie! Several years later, and I'm still in love :)
3. Grease 
Nothing like a fun musical, and Grease is one of the best!
2. John Tucker Must Die
This was very funny. I love the character of Kate. This movie may not be the most creative, but the old tale was done amazingly. 
1. Girls Just Want To Have Fun
This has to be number one on my list. The soundtrack is amazing, I love the story, the dancing, and the actors. All around this is a great movie!

5 comments:

  1. For the ones I have seen I totally agree. I'm following your adorable blog now if you would like to follow mine in return the URL is http://kimberli-findingmyway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome list! I, myself, am a BIG fan of chick flix! I started making a site dedicated to girly things like movies and fashion! :D

    Angus Thongs- such an awesome movie! Not quite like the book, but still so awesome! :D

    27 Dresses- I watched this on a girly movie night sleepover with my two best friends and my younger sister. It would definitely suck to be a bride's maid that many times and never get married! :(

    The Wishing Well- Hmm.. Never seen it! YAYS! A new movie for me to watch! Wonder if they have it on Netflix?..

    A Walk to Remember- SO SAD! :*(

    The Notebook- I just watched it for the first time last week with my BFF. It was kinda long, and, shockingly, the only times I cried was over the older couple.

    Ramona and Beezus- I definitely need to watch this movie! :D

    Mean Girls- So funny! Although, I'd prefer to have just stuck with being friends with Janis and Damien

    Monte Carlo- Need to see this movie, too!

    Tuck- I saw it once but totally don't remember much about it =P

    Grease- I LOVE GREASE! And I really love Grease 2! :D They're so fun to watch over and over again!

    John Tucker- I watched this once or twice. Pretty good- John gets what he deserves..

    Girls Just want to have fun- I LOVE LOVE LOVE this movie! So coool! I love the soundtrack and, it has Sara JP so woot! (Carrie!!) And, her BFF is awesome!

    Great List! I totally love Lists like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, someone else who has seen Girls Just Want To Have Fun!! I love it so much, and I watched Grease so much as a kid, I knew the choreography haha
    I haven't read Angus Thongs and Pergect Snogging, but I want to.
    Roman and Beezus and Monte Carlo were both really good.
    The Wishing Well is kind of a feel good movie, which I love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girls Just Want to Have fun is such an awesome movie! Everytime I hear the song "Dancing in heaven" I think of it! =P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Dancing in heaven. It's one of my favorite songs off the movie!

    ReplyDelete